Spread the love
Since our sleep cycle is 90 minutes that includes both non-REM and REM sleep.
Some of the more details about the different stages of sleep are as follows:-
- Non-REM is deep and restorative sleep while REM is lighter and dream-infused sleep
- The shift from non-REM to REM happens at certain time of the night regardless of when you go to sleep
- Suppose you go to bed at 1 am then you will directly go into the REM cycle (lighter sleep mode) and the reduction in non-REM (deep sleep) will leave you groggy and blunt-minded in the next day
- It also harms your circadian rhythms and results in making you vulnerable to dreadful diseases
- So sleep in-between 9 PM to 12 AM when the body has the opportunity to get maximum from the non-REM phase and for adults, the average sleep time is 7–8 hours a day
- Have a proper breakfast and exercise to keep you feel active and energize throughout the day.