Some of the tasks through which our brain undergo while we are asleep are stated below:
1) Sleep serves to re-energize the body’s cells, clear out toxin neurodegenerative cells from the brain as waste and support learning and memory
2) It even plays vital roles in regulating mood, appetite and libido.
3) Generate two types of sleep known as Slow-wave Sleep (SWS) also known as deep Sleep and rapid eye movement (REM) also known as dreaming Sleep.
4) Our brain also carries out some of the decisions while we are unconscious.
5) It reduces heart and breathing rate
6) Blood pressure and body temperature falls out
7) Increase the secretion of growth hormone.